Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I liked this drink after I made the changes I made listed below. This is a easy way to get your protein. I posted it for safe keeping. When I made this recipe I made changes to it because to me it was like drinking watered down coffee/cocoa. I used about 3 tbl maxwell house coffee. I also ran out of milk so I made up some with powdered milk. I used 2 scoops of protein powder. I used a whole packet of cocoa. I used almond sugar free syrup. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by cotonmom2.
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals (2 scoops)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon vanilla protein powder (1-2 scoops)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free hot cocoa mix (1 scoop)
- sugar-free syrup (try hazelnut or irish cream)
- In a big plastic cup, mix water and coffee and microwave for two minutes.
- In a blender, blend Milk & Protein on low until well mixed (no lumps).
- Add the chocolate (cocoa) and syrup to the coffee mix and stir well.
- Add the protein mix to the coffee while stirring.
- Put it in your ‘to go’ mug and hit the road.
- Note: It sounds like a ton of trouble, but If you have everything ready to go and it takes only minutes to do the whole thing. Faster than a McDonalds drive thru and LOTS more protein! Don’t forget to rinse out the blender immediately or the protein powders becomes like cement (recipe from Kristine).