Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy recipe for brekky bars, created by naturopath Lisa Guy. These are high in protein, complex carbohydrates and essential fatty acids (EFAs).
- 1 cup barley or 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin pepitas
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricots or 1⁄2 cup apple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup rice or 1⁄2 cup barley malt
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- If adding eggs, beat egg whites and fold into other ingredients.
- Press into a greased tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 180°C
- Cover when golden brown with foil.
- Store in fridge.
- Great for breakfast on the run, and for snacks.