Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from "Buttermilk Bran Muffins". They aren't bad but are better with add-ins such as nuts, sugar-free mini-chips or fruit.
- 2⁄3 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 cup soy protein (NOT flour)
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine milk and lemon juice and let sit 10 minutes until thickened.
- In separate bowl mix all the rest of the DRY ingredients.
- Add egg, oil, vanilla and syrup to thickened milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Spoon into 6 greased muffins cups.
- Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.