Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this wonderful sauce in the front section of Weber's Art of the Grill. It should be served warm and is wonderful on grilled chicken, especially wings.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil. Add the ginger and scallions, cook 1 minute or until slightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder and red pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in wine; add gradually to the liquid, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.