1/2 Photos of Prospect Park Potato Salad
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This delicious vegan potato salad comes from one of my new favorite cookbooks: Veganomicon, The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook.. The recipe, as written, makes an enormous amout, but can easily be halved. I love the addition of thinly sliced cucumbers and dijon mustard to this familiar picnic favorite! This recipe calls for something called Vegenaise, which is my favorite brand of vegan mayonaise, containing no eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard (whole grain)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1Slice the potatoes between 1/2 and 1/4 inch thick.
- 2If potatoes are large they can be cut into halves or thirds before slicing.
- 3Place potatoes into large stockpot, and fill with cold water about 4 inches above the top of potatoes.
- 4Bring to a boil for about 15 minutes or until potato can be pierce deasily with a fork.
- 5While the potatoes boil, prepare the dressing.
- 6If makeing the whole recipe, you will need the larges mixing bowl you have in order to add the potatoes later on.
- 7Mix the vegan mayo, mustard, olive oil, sugar, vinegar, dill, turmeric, sal and pepper.
- 8Wisk together briskly.
- 9Add sliced cucumbers and place in the firdge until potatoes are ready.
- 10When potatoes are done, drain and rise them quickly under cold water.
- 11Be sure to shake off any excess water.
- 12Add potatoes to the dressing and mix well.
- 13Top with grated carrots and mix.
- 14Check seasoning and adjust as needed.
- 15Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prospect Park Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 466.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g