Recipe by Gone Fishin'
This recipe came from Giada De Laurentiis. I have yet to find one of her recipes that was a bust. I did find however find that I needed to add an additional packet of plain gelatin. I also do not care for mascarpone cheese, so I made fresh whipped cream. My neighbors loved this one.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups prosecco or 2 cups other sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries, not thawed
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the gelatin and boiling water in a medium bowl until the gelatin is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate until lukewarm, about 45 minutes. Stir in the Prosecco. Cover and refrigerate until the gelatin thickens but does not set, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour. Stir in the raspberries (bubbles will form in the gelatin mixture). Divide the gelatin among 6 Champagne flutes or individual dessert bowls. Cover and refrigerate until the gelatin is set, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, put a tablespoon of whipped cream or mascarpone cheese and a few walnuts.