Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
I knew I needed a reason to buy a bottle of Goldschlager, so thank you Michael Chiarello! We're shopping for a strong, clear cinnamon schnapps liqueur with 24k Gold Leaf Flakes. Now who wouldn't like that?? Besides, cinnamon is so good for you! Trader Joe carries Prosecco, an Italian sparkling wine, but I think it will take another trip to find the Goldschlager. This is so festive it will be perfect for the holidays!
Top Review by rosslare
Bubbles and gold flakes floating around in a flute, what could be more elegant than that? We omitted the vodka since there was only the two of us to share the bottle. Lovely cinnamon heat to it! And no, it does not get any better than this.
- 12 ounces chilled sparkling wine (Prosecco recommended or substitute Brut champagne)
- 2 ounces chilled vodka
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cinnamon schnapps (Goldschlager)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Prosecco or champagne into a small chilled pitcher without ice. Add vodka & Goldschlager and stir to mix gold flakes evenly through the drink.
- Pour into 4 chilled champagne flutes.
- Does it get any better than this?.
- (Michael says "Serves 4"--Funny Guy!).