Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
I knew I needed a reason to buy a bottle of Goldschlager, so thank you Michael Chiarello! We're shopping for a strong, clear cinnamon schnapps liqueur with 24k Gold Leaf Flakes. Now who wouldn't like that?? Besides, cinnamon is so good for you! Trader Joe carries Prosecco, an Italian sparkling wine, but I think it will take another trip to find the Goldschlager. This is so festive it will be perfect for the holidays!
- 12 ounces chilled sparkling wine (Prosecco recommended or substitute Brut champagne)
- 2 ounces chilled vodka
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cinnamon schnapps (Goldschlager)
- Pour Prosecco or champagne into a small chilled pitcher without ice. Add vodka & Goldschlager and stir to mix gold flakes evenly through the drink.
- Pour into 4 chilled champagne flutes.
- Does it get any better than this?.
- (Michael says "Serves 4"--Funny Guy!).
Bubbles and gold flakes floating around in a flute, what could be more elegant than that? We omitted the vodka since there was only the two of us to share the bottle. Lovely cinnamon heat to it! And no, it does not get any better than this.
Delicious! Perfect for New Year's! <br/><br/>We made this two ways (with and without the vodka) and were divided in opinion about the results. I was pro-vodka. DH preferred the vodka-less version. Either way, though, this is a great cocktail. Thanks for posting!<br/><br/>UPDATE: This is now our go-to Sunday morning brunch cocktail. It's perfect because all the ingredients are shelf stable, so there's no last-minute rushing to the store to get orange juice for mimosas. Thank you again for posting.