1/1 Photo of Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken With Herbed Ricotta
This recipe is from Rachel Ray. Her recipe uses fresh parsley, basil and thyme. She also uses wine to deglaze the pan. I have made adjustments to the recipe based on what I used. Feel free to adjust herbs to your liking and if you cook with wine, it can be used in place of the chicken stock. Be creative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 small sage leaves, chopped
- 1 small sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 4 small chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto, di parma (thin sliced)
- chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Measure the ricotta cheese into a small bowl. Add in parsley, sage, rosemary and garlic. Add in the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and stir well to blend.
- 2Butterfly each chicken breast and fill each with a fourth of the ricotta cheese mixture. Wrap each chicken breast in a slice of the proscuitto di Parma.
- 3Add 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil to an ovenproof skillet. Warm over medium high heat. Add in prepared chicken breasts and brown, turning once for 4 to 6 minutes. Place the pan with the chicken in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4Remove chicken from pan, deglaze the pan with chicken stock, add in lemon juice, butter and additional stock as needed to make a sauce. Spoon over chicken.
- 5This is delicious served with oven roasted asparagus and makes and elegant but simple meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken With Herbed Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 206.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: