Recipe by Epi Curious
From SoHo, a restaurant in Atlanta, these shrimp and scallops are wrapped in prosciutto, sauteed and then assembled atop melon slices with delicate sauce to make a "tower" or napoleon type entree. Very pretty presentation and wonderful flavor that doesn't overpower the seafood. From "Atlanta Cooks: 125 Recipes from Top Atlanta Chefs" by Melissa Libby. Comes together in a snap. Great for entertaining!
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 8 jumbo scallops
- 8 slices thinly sliced prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise to get 16 pieces
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 honeydew
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Remove muscle from scallops. Wrap each shrimp and each scallop individually in prosciutto. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Cut half of both the honeydew and the cantaloupe into chunks. Slice the remainder of each. Process the chunks of each separately in a blender until smooth.
- In a large saute' pan over high heat, add enough olive oil to coat the pan. Sear the prosciutto-wrapped shrimp and scallops on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 2 shrimp and 2 scallops on top of slices of the cantaloupe and honeydew. Sauce each plate with both sauces and serve.