Recipe by Derf
Scrumptious appetizer, quick and easy!! Marinating time 1 to 4 hours.
Top Review by BeachGirl
These were very good and attractive, too. Nice appetizer for guests. I would have preferred garlic powder because the garlic didn't actually stick to the shrimp. I broiled 3 minutes per side and they were perfectly cooked. DH wanted them a little spicier, os will add more hot sauce and a little cayenne next time.
- 16 large shrimp
- 8 slices prosciutto (bacon works well too)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- hot pepper sauce, to taste (Tabasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel shrimp, without removing tail, devein if necessary.
- Tear each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into 2 long pieces; wrap 1 strip around centre of each shrimp In a shallow bowl, stir together oil, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- Add shrimp, turning to coat evenly.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for up to 4 hours.
- On greased grill over medium heat or under broiler, cook shrimp for about 3 minutes per side or until pink and firm.