Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very good appetizer! I had a couple at a dinner party, then I went back for another one and they were gone. After that, I had to get the recipe.
- 1 lb uncooked sea scallops, halved if large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cut into 3x1 1/2 inch strips
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine scallops and oil; toss to coat.
- Place basil leaf on center of each prosciutto strip; top each with a scallop.
- Roll up; place seam side down in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until opaque.
- Insert decorative toothpick into each.
- Serve warm.
I grilled these and they were very good. I would omit the basil next time as I was not fond of the flavor it added.