This is so yummy and easy and always gets praise. I like to have antipasti parties and this is always in the mix. Its also a great appetizer b4 a good grilled steak or even works as a main dish with a little risotto, pasta or polenta on the side and nice green salad. I have also used this same idea on shelled lobster tails :-) I have no clue where I first got his from, maybe a magazine? It really is essential that you use an herbed goat cheese or other herbed cheese. A plain cheese will not give you the same flavor (as one reviewer pointed out). If need be you can always add your own herbs and garlic to the cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Press 1 Tbsp of the cheese into the cavity of each prawn.
- 2Wrap each tightly with a ½ slice of proscuitto.
- 3Start at the tail (do not wrap the tail shell) and spiral down to the head (or where it should be).
- 4In a saute pan heat oil over medium heat.
- 5When hot sear the wrapped prawns for 2-3 minute on each side or until they turn pink.
- 6They may also be placed under the broiler.
- 7If broiling dot with a little butter or oil on each side b4 placing under broiler.
- 8Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto Wrapped Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 204.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbed goat cheese