Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Prosciutto and will even eat it plain but this combo takes mozzarella caprese to another level. It makes a fabulous appetizer and looks great too. This is from a Fine Cooking pullout...recipe by Tony Rosenfeld.
- 8 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise (thin slices, preferably imported)
- 8 large basil leaves, torn in half
- 8 small fresh mozzarella balls, halved (about 1-inch in diameter)
- 8 grape tomatoes or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange 8 slices of prosciutto flat on a cutting board and put a piece of basil on one end of each slice. Top each piece of basil with a piece of mozzarella and a tomato half, matching the cut sides to make a ball.
- Season very lightly with salt and generously with pepper and then roll up the balls in the prosciutto. Secure each with a toothpick and set on a platter.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve. These keep at room temperature for up to 1 hour before serving.