Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very tasty easy meal to throw together. I served mine over sweet potato and zucchini rosti, but you can serve it with potato done your favourite way and vegetables.
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 1 large shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, sliced thinly
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 50 ml water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 100 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finley chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each lamb fillet. Heat the oil in a large fry pan, cook lamb until cooked as desired. Cover, stand 5 Minutes, then slice into slices.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan, add onion, garlic and bacon, cook until onion softens.
- Stir in wine, bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer, simmer a couple of minutes, stir in stock and peas, bring to a boil again until peas are soft, turn down heat, add cream, mix a little water with the cornflour add to sauce and stir until mixture thickens.
- Blend or process mixture until smooth, stir in mint. Serve lamb with minted pea sauce.