Recipe by JanetSmith154
These are elegant, and may be made a day ahead. Another one of my mom's catering recipes! I'm not sure of the EXACT can weight, so I guessed for the 'zaar squad :)
Top Review by liltle fruitcake
I made these for my church study group and everyone loved them. This was so easy I had no trouble watching NASCAR and the Cowboys and still bring a great dish that night!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- The hearts of palm should be tender, if they are very thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Cut hearts (even if they've been split) in half cross-wise.
- Wrap each palm half with a slice of the prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped palms in marinade, and cover and chill at least 3 hours or over night.
- Remove from marinade - serve on lettuce leaves with an additional grind of black pepper!