Salty, umami, smoky, sweet, acidic, all good flavor elements in this appetizer adapted from a Weber grilling recipe. Making the chutney is the most time-consuming part, but it's really pretty simple to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 ripe pears, about 1 1/2 pounds
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or 1/3 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1Peel, core, and quarter the pears, then lightly brush their surfaces with olive oil.
- 2Grill pear quarters over direct medium heat, turning once or twice, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are crisp-tender (8 to 10 minutes). Remove them from the grill and allow to cool enough to handle. Place pear quarters in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times, or cut them manually into small dice.
- 3Combine the chopped pears and the rest of the chutney ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until slightly thickened, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid scorching the sugar. Let cooked chutney come to room temperature.
- 4Increase the grill temperature to a high heat.
- 5Cut the prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. Starting at one end, lay the shrimp on the prosciutto and roll the ham around the shrimp. Brush the surface lightly with oil.
- 6Grill the wrapped shrimp over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, turning once, until lightly charred, firm to the touch, and just turning opaque in the center, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve with the chutney.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto-Wrapped Grilled Shrimp With Pear Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 645.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
lemons, zest of