Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had my hubby test this recipe because I don't know how to grill and with my luck I'd incinerate the prawns. This is delish served over a bed of simple mixed greens! From a local source.
- 16 large prawns, peeled, deveined, tail intact
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma, very thinly sliced (approximately 1/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, en chiffonade (NOT dried basil)
- 1 lemon, cut up into wedges
- Preheat grill.
- Rinse, peel and clean the prawns.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, salt/pepper in a medium size bowl.
- Cut prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Carefully roll the prosciutto around the prawns, gently toss with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Grill quickly, about 5 minutes; DO NOT overcook or the prawns will be tough.
- Garnish with the basil and lemon. Serve hot.