Recipe by SarasotaCook
I did a quick search but didn't locate it, I think it was out of a Southern Living of Fine Living but it was 4 or more years ago. I love it. You can use a variety of chutneys, peach, black cherry, mango even a cranberry chutney. I see many of them right in my local store or Whole Foods carry's some unique brands as well. And many local farmers or markets also sell them. This combines a mix of arugula and romaine, tossed with a sweet vinaigrette, then topped with pan sauteed mozzarella wrapped in proscuitto then topped with a simple store bought chutney.
- 6 cups mixed greens (I like arugula and romaine, but use your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut in 6 slices
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 6 -12 slices prosciutto (you want to make sure the mozarella is covered with the proscuitto)
- tooth picks to secure around the cheese slice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil to saute the cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chutney (I like peach or mango)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing -- mix the balsamic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper and set to the side.
- Salad -- toss your green is a large bowl.
- Mozzarella -- I like to freeze mine slightly as it makes it very easy to slice. Dredge each slice lightly in the bread crumbs and then wrap with the proscuitto. Make sure to cover it well and secure with a tooth pick.
- Cheese -- Just saute in a non stick skillet on medium with the olive oil until the proscuitto begins to brown up and the cheese begins to melt.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Plate the salad and top each dish one of the cheese slices. Then top with a spoon of the chutney.