Adapted from America's Test Kitchen 30 Minute Suppers. Easy enough to make for a quick meal yet impressive enough to serve to guests. As the butter melts, it flavours the fish and combines with the fish's natural juices to create a flavourful sauce. One lemon will provide the juice and zest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, mash together the butter, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic until combined.
- 3Pat fish dry with paper towels and season with pepper. Spread butter mixture over top of fillets. Slightly overlap two pieces of prosciutto on work surface. Lay fish butter side down in center of prosciutto, then fold the prosciutto over the fish. Repeat for all fillets.
- 4Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet (either non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron) over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add prosciutto-wrapped fillets, seam side down/butter side up) and brown for 1-2 minutes per side.
- 5Transfer skillet to oven and bake until fish (not covered by prosciutto) flakes when gently pressed, about 8 minutes.
- 6Spoon any pan juices over fillets when serving.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto-Wrapped Fish With Lemon-Caper Butter
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: