Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh My! IF you want to impress someone by a chicken dish that will leave them asking for more and extremely delighted by the dish, then fix this! It is one of the most outstanding recipes for chicken I have ever tried! I got it off myrecipes.com. I adapted it to my liking. IT ROCKS! Also, a couple of tips, make sure your prosciutto is cold otherwise you will have trouble with the wrapping of the chicken and make sure your pan is thoroughly heated on medium for about 5 minutes before you put in olive oil. If it gets too hot, turn down heat. This is a really good dish to have with couscous. The prosciutto will be really crusty when finished cooking. It is beautiful!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt to your liking.
- Lay the proscuitto on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Lay each chicken breast on a slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet (try to use a stainless steel skillet for the deglazing later) over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the proscuitto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. (I used a splatter screen because it can really splatter!).
- Transfer the chicken and garlic to plates.
- Put white wine in skillet and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze. Simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.