- Make a horizontal slit along the length of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Beat the cream cheese with a wooden spoon to soften it. Stir in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, if using.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into the pocket of the chicken breasts.
- Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each chicken breast and secure with a string.
- Pour the wine and chicken broth into a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. When the mixture is just starting to boil, add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the chicken to the skillet. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Reheat the sauce and boil until reduced and thickened. Remove the string and cut the chicken into slices. Pour the sauce over the chicken to serve.