Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my favourite chicken recipes. I prefer to make it a day ahead so that the flavours really come through. I serve this recipe on a bed of spaghetti. Goes well with fettucine too!
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 20 g parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 200 g mozzarella cheese
- 120 g prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 700 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Lightly pound fillets with a mallet.
- Sprinkle each fillet with grated parmesan cheese, fresh oregano. Add small thin slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up fillets tightly, secure with toothpicks. Wrap prosciutto slices around open end of fillets to secure cheese.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy pan, add chicken in batches, cook until browned all over, remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in pan, add crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes and onion.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, or until tomatoes and onion are soft.
- Return chicken to pan, add stock and vinegar, simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken, simmer uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in parsley. remove from pan, discard toothpicks and serve on a bed of spaghetti or pasta of your choice.