One of my favourite chicken recipes. I prefer to make it a day ahead so that the flavours really come through. I serve this recipe on a bed of spaghetti. Goes well with fettucine too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly pound fillets with a mallet.
- 2Sprinkle each fillet with grated parmesan cheese, fresh oregano. Add small thin slices of mozzarella cheese.
- 3Roll up fillets tightly, secure with toothpicks. Wrap prosciutto slices around open end of fillets to secure cheese.
- 4Heat half the oil in a heavy pan, add chicken in batches, cook until browned all over, remove from pan.
- 5Heat remaining oil in pan, add crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes and onion.
- 6Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, or until tomatoes and onion are soft.
- 7Return chicken to pan, add stock and vinegar, simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- 8Turn chicken, simmer uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 9Stir in parsley. remove from pan, discard toothpicks and serve on a bed of spaghetti or pasta of your choice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 360.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: