Recipe by KPD
I came up with this dish last night while looking for a prosciutto wrapped asparagus recipe. I prefer to roast my asparagus and I don't care for raw prosciutto, so here's my creation! I wouldn't salt the asparagus because the prosciutto is salty enough. Feel free to season the asparagus with whatever you like: thyme, rosemary, etc. This doesn't just have to be a side dish, it could be finger-food too!
- 1 lb asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces prosciutto, slices cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss asparagus in evoo, and pepper.
- Wrap prosciutto half around 2 or 3 asparagus at a time, depending on how many prosciutto slices and asparagus spears you have.
- Lay bundles seam side down on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is done to your liking. We like it crunchy, so I roast for only 10 minutes.
- Variation: Drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving and/or top with crumbled feta cheese before serving.