Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This can be elegant or you can eat it with your fingers. It includes a sauce that is reminiscent of deviled eggs.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, hard-boiled, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Snap woody ends off asparagus spears.
- In a large frying pan, bring 3/4 cup water to boil. Add salt and trimmed asparagus, cover, and cook until asparagus is tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, dry and let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chopped egg, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Lay 4 asparagus spears on each piece of prosciutto and roll up. Repeat to form 4 bundles. Serve with sauce.
I so enjoy both asparagus and prosciutto and together, well, it's bound to be a hit. Taking my cue from bobo I went light on the lemon and found that half was just right for me. Thanks, cookiedog, for a special "just for me treat".
I'm a huge fan of asparagus and prosciutto together, but the sauce really takes this to the next level! We loved the lemony tang of the sauce, and it was a great compliment to the prosciutto. Excellent side dish. Thanks Cookiedog!
Oh, my, Cookiedog!! This is sooo delicious! Made the sauce earlier in the afternoon to give it time to meld flavors...yum! Really enjoyed this and easy-easy-easy. Glad I chose for Tag game. Will make over and over. THX!