Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice and easy fast meal when in a hurry.
Make and share this Prosciutto Tortellini recipe from Food.com.
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth.
- Stir in cheeses. Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini, add to the cheese sauce.
- Stir in prosciutto, peas, pepper. garlic powder and flakes.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
This was just what I felt like .. slight problem, no tortellini. So I used small shells, please forgive me, but I will make it again with the tortellini because it is a marvellous, quickly prepared, comfort meal when you just want something hearty and satisfying. I did add a chopped sauteed onion, (I have a lot of onions to use up) and garlic cloves, because I had no garlic powder. Very nice and much enjoyed, thank you, happynana!
This was a lovely dinner, and nice and quick. I used ham and cheese tortellini and I think that added some extra flavour, I don't eat peas so I only added them to DH's but he said that it made the dish! I also used two garlic cloves in a little butter to start with for the sauce and I think that was nice, I didn't have garlic powder. Thanks!
This definitely gets a 5 for quickness and ease of making. I did give it a 4 as whilst the flavours were really good and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it, it just lacked something for our personal taste. Please don't get me wrong it is an excellent recipe but perhaps some garlic and either a little stock granules or extra Parmesan cheese would just give it the extra flavour we would prefer. I say this as I know our family has its own tastes and to some people this would be perfect and anything extra added would push it over the top for them. I will make this again for sure. Thanks for another great post happynana!!! I will look forward to trying more of your fab recipes.