Recipe by happynana
Nice and easy fast meal when in a hurry.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This was just what I felt like .. slight problem, no tortellini. So I used small shells, please forgive me, but I will make it again with the tortellini because it is a marvellous, quickly prepared, comfort meal when you just want something hearty and satisfying. I did add a chopped sauteed onion, (I have a lot of onions to use up) and garlic cloves, because I had no garlic powder. Very nice and much enjoyed, thank you, happynana!
- 19 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 10 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, combine flour and cream until smooth.
- Stir in cheeses. Bring to boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Drain tortellini, add to the cheese sauce.
- Stir in prosciutto, peas, pepper. garlic powder and flakes.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.