- 1 olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 lb penne pasta (cooked al dente)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add the garlic and prosciutto, and cook, stirring, until golden.
- Add the tomatoes. Cover, leaving room for steam to escape so the sauce will thicken.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the fresh basil. Pour the sauce over hot pasta and toss with the Parmesan cheese.