1/2 Photos of Prosciutto, Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese
Adding the tomato after the sandwich has cooked and cheese melted make this grilled cheese different. Its great not to have a mushy hot tomato in a grilled cheese. From Bon Appetit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slice sourdough bread, country loaf cut on deep diagonal 1/3 inch thick slices
- 4 slice prosciutto
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 slice asiago cheese, 1/4 inch (young or drained fresh mozzarella cheese)
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (dried)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 6 slice tomatoes, 1/3 inch (from about 1 large)
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Lightly butter 1 side of each bread slice.
- 3Top unbuttered side of 2 pieces with 2 proscuitto slices, then 4 basil leaves, then cheese slices.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- 5Heat olive oil in an oven proof skillet over medium high. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
- 6Turn sandwich over and transfer to the oven to bake until cheese is melted. Remove.
- 7carefully lift off top bread slices and insert 3 tomato slices into each, top again and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto, Tomato and Basil Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 782.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: