1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 10 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Flavoursome and elegant individual frittatas baked in a muffin pan. Eaten warm or cold, they are ideal for brunches, lunches and picnics. Adapted from the Australian Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, filleted
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed and finely chopped
- 12 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 1Steam sweet potato in a steamer until just tender and allow to cool.
- 2In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 3Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- 4Add garlic and spring onions to the pan used for cooking the chicken breasts and sauté for 1-2 minutes over a gentle to medium heat, stirring continuously, until the garlic is softening but not browning and the spring onions are beginning to wilt.
- 5In a bowl, combine the garlic, spring onions, eggs, cream and coriander.
- 6Season to taste with freshly ground pepper and whisk until well combined.
- 7Coarsely chop the cooled chicken breasts.
- 8Grease 10 holes (1 3/4-cup capacity) of a muffin tin and line with prosciutto, allowing it to extend 2 inches over the sides of each hole.
- 9Fill the lined holes with the egg mixture and top with the diced sweet potato and chicken.
- 10Fold the prosciutto over to cover the top of each frittata.
- 11Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes or until the frittatas are just set and the tops are browned.
- 12Stand the frittatas for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
- 13Store the frittatas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- 14Chef’s note: You may find it convenient to cook the sweet potatoes and chicken some time earlier.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto, Sweet Potato and Chicken Baked Frittatas
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 406.7 mg
- Sodium 177.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: