Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am always looking for a new way to cook chicken and this is one of my new favorites. The chicken stays moist and fall-apart tender and the cheese is yummy, yummy!! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto
- minced garlic (to taste)
- chopped onion (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 340.
- Pound chicken until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add prosciutto, minced garlic and onions, saute until onions are soft.
- In a bowl, add cheeses with prosciutto mixture.
- Place a portion of the cheese/prosciutto mixture onto each chicken breast and roll tightly.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in saute pan and sear chicken on all sides.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Absolutely delicious! I used a blend of Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina and Provolone cheeses, and added fresh chopped basil to the stuffing mixture. It was very easy to make and the directions were perfect. I will be making this again!