Recipe by Jtrillich
Different way to prepare chicken
Top Review by diner524
Just fantastic!!! I made this for my dinner the other night, when I knew DH wouldn't be home, as he isn't a big fan of pasta, which is what I served as a side. I made this as written, until the end of the bake time. I then took the pan out of the oven and put the chicken on my plate and let it rest. Those pan juices were looking to good to throw away, so I deglazed the pan with a bit of white wine and chicken broth and then poured that over my chicken, soooo gooood!!!! To me, the Prosciutto added a great flavor but also helped to keep the chicken breast nice and moist/juicy, but you still got the wonderful crispy flavored skin. This is a company worthy recipe in my opinion!! Thanks so much for sharing such an easy, yet elegant, chicken dish. Made for 2013 Spring Pick A Chef event.
- 4 lbs chicken, quartered
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On baking sheet arrange chicken pieces skin side up.
- Stuff 1 slice of Prosciutto under the skin of each piece.
- sprinkle with fresh lemon juice
- cut butter pat into 4 pieces - place one piece on each chicken part.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast until juices run clear about 35-40 minutes.