Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from www.parrano.com (makers of robusto cheese) prep time does not include caramelizing onions.
Make and share this Prosciutto Robusto Ciabatta recipe from Food.com.
- Arrange prosciutto over robusto cheese and top with onions and arugula.
- Can also be toasted until cheese melts slightly.
- To caramelize onions:.
- Thinly slice 2 pounds of spanish onions and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil in a small saucepan and set, covered, over very low heat.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until the onions have given up their juices and begin to color (about 45 minutes).
- Remove lid and up the heat to medium. Cook another 10-15 minutes stirring often until the onions are a deep caramel color. Drain and cool down.
- Can be stored for up to 2 days. (Makes enough onions for 4-6 sandwiches).