Recipe by Mysterygirl
These are terrific hot or at room temperature.
Top Review by ohbother
Oh, yum -- I can tell I'm going to fall off my diet wagon over these! Our fig tree in the back yard just burst into full, fulsome fruit, and we are overwhelmed with figs. This recipe is just perfect! We experimented with several different types of cheeses -- I prefer the blues, my husband prefers the manchegos and ibericos. The directions are incredibly easy to follow, so simples and so good. We served it this evening with Recipe #171440, zucchini, and gnocchi dressed with an artichoke-lemon pesto. So good!
- 40 small fresh mission figs
- 4 ounces manchego cheese or 4 ounces blue cheese
- 20 slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a small slit in the side of each fig and stuff a raisin-size piece of cheese in the opening.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each to enclose like a little cocoon.
- Stand the figs on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes so the prosciutto melts slightly and forms a skin around the figs.
- Season with lots of ground black pepper.