Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here is a wonderful appetizer to serve as part of your cocktail party buffet or passed on trays. Very elegant!
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup minced prosciutto
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Heat the water, butter and pepper in medium saucepan over medium heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour all at once and cook, stirring, until mixture forms ball and leaves sides of pan. Stir 1 minute longer; remove from heat.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until smooth. Stir in prosciutto and chives. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 30-35 minutes. Serve hot.