Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
A recipe I found on Taste of Home website while searching for recipes with pine nuts. It sounds delicious and I just had to try it!! Here is what is stated about the recipe - "Prosciutto, Parmesan and pine nuts tastefully top French bread slices in these hand-held appetizers. Make the topping the day before, then the next day, spread on bread and broil. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen" If you haven't toasted nuts before, just spread them on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't burn, all ovens heat/cook differently.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices (10-1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese and garlic powder. Stir in pine nuts, chives and prosciutto. Spread over one side of each bread slice.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.