Recipe by L-Burden
This is an original recipe that combines many of my favorite flavors. The saltiness from the proscuitto and pesto combined with the sweet sundried tomatoes is a little party in your mouth with each bite. Hubby asks for this once a week...and it never gets old. Leftovers are great too...if you have any!
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough (I use Trader Joe's fresh dough)
- 3 -4 tablespoons pesto sauce (prepared)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Flour pizza dough and roll out to 12 inches in diameter.
- Spread pesto on dough with the back of a spoon.
- Spread ricotta on top of pesto.
- Lay strips of proscuitto on top of ricotta.
- Cover the proscuitto with mozarella.
- Add olives and tomatoes in an even layer on pizza.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes or until very golden. (We like ours cheese pretty brown).
- Let cool 3-5 minutes before slicing.