Recipe by Hotmitts Houlihan
A skillet supper recipe from an issue of Simple and Delicious recipe magazine.
Top Review by J. Ko
I made this for PAC Fall 2007. The whole family really enjoyed this dish. I admit that I strayed ever so slightly from the recipe and added approximately 1/2 c of sliced sundried tomatoes which I had soaked in warm H2O for a couple of minutes and then drained before adding at the same time as the proscuitto. My husband and I really liked the addition, however, our children said that they would have rated the recipe as a "5" if I hadn't added the tomatoes. (They gave it 3 stars according to the 'Zaar rating guidelines.) Oh! I also used penne, rather than linguine, just so it would be easier to toss together. I will definitely make this again! Unfortunately, it will not be as frequently as I would like, due to the price of proscuitto in my neck of the woods ($3.99/100g or approximately $20/lb).
- 453.59 g package linguine
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g thinly sliced prosciutto or 226.79 g deli ham, chopped
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas into the same pot during the last 3 minutes left for linguini to cook.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.