Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A skillet supper recipe from an issue of Simple and Delicious recipe magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto or 1⁄2 lb deli ham, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas into the same pot during the last 3 minutes left for linguini to cook.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I made this for PAC Fall 2007. The whole family really enjoyed this dish. I admit that I strayed ever so slightly from the recipe and added approximately 1/2 c of sliced sundried tomatoes which I had soaked in warm H2O for a couple of minutes and then drained before adding at the same time as the proscuitto. My husband and I really liked the addition, however, our children said that they would have rated the recipe as a "5" if I hadn't added the tomatoes. (They gave it 3 stars according to the 'Zaar rating guidelines.) Oh! I also used penne, rather than linguine, just so it would be easier to toss together. I will definitely make this again! Unfortunately, it will not be as frequently as I would like, due to the price of proscuitto in my neck of the woods ($3.99/100g or approximately $20/lb).