Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy quick pasta sauce for penne
- 2 lbs Spanish onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, sliced thick and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese, grated
- ground black pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan. Add onions and cook until onions start to caramelize.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add prosciutto and sage. Cook the mixture for 20-25 minutes.
- Season the onions mixture to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Toss all ingredients together with the paste, add cheese and serve with salad, garlic bread and wine.