Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really fun to serve to company. Everyone loves it. From America's Best Recipes
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread, 16-oz
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, coarsley chopped (about 2 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1. Slice bread cutting to, but not through, bottom in a crisscross fashion, making a diamond pattern.
- 2. Combine butter and remaining ingredients, stirring well. Spread mixture between bread slices.
- 3. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for five minutes or until thoroughly heated.