Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh so good! I served it as an appetizer on Easter, but the next day, I took the leftover ingredients and put it into a pita.
- 1 loaf French bread (for appetizer)
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut up
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut up
- 1 tablespoon spoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut french bread in half long way, hollow out each half. Put aside.
- Mix together all ingredients except for shredded mozzarella cheese & balsamic vinegar and spoon into french bread.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, 350 degree oven.
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar.
- Cut up into pieces.
- For the Sandwich: Cut large pita in half, fill with ingredients as desired, top with shredded cheese, heat until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.