Recipe by Thymestudio
I love lamb burgers and this one is delightful! Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
- 1⁄2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 6 slices prosciutto, sliced medium-thin (for wrapping the burgers)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh basil leaf, for topping each burger
- fresh tomato, slices for topping each burger
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the bread crumbs, parsley, egg, milk, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper, Stir to combine. Add the lamb and stir until incorporated. Divide the mixture into 6 (1-inch) thick burgers. Place the slices of prosciutto on a cutting board or piece of parchment paper. Place 1 lamb burger in the center of each slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the burger.
- Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 2 minutes. Place the lamb burgers, prosciutto-covered side down in the pan and cook over medium heat until the prosciutto is golden, about 6 to 8 minutes. Turn the burgers and finish cooking, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Remove the burgers from the pan and place on a serving platter or individual plates. Top each burger with 2 to 3 basil leaves, 1 to 2 slices of tomato, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.