Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love this recipe and have sometimes sudstituted bacon -If you use bacon crisp fry remove all the grease and drain the bacon well. For those of you that do not like crisp veggies cook the beans longer
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin,coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends snipped
- 1⁄3 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (to garnish) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Saute the prosciutto in wok or fry pan until just beginning to get crisp, remove& set aside.
- Add garlic rosemary and 2 tbsp water to the pan and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add beans and 1/3 cup water, season with salt& Pepper, cover and cook apprx 4 minutes or until the beans are heated through but still crisp.
- Arrange beans on a heated platter and sprinkle the proscuitto on top garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary- Serve.
Good. I cooked my beans for about 6 minutes, then turned off the heat and let them steam a little longer while the rest of the dinner finished up. The proscuitto was a nice touch! Thanks for sharing.
I needed a green bean recipe to take to a Christmas dinner potluck. Someone in Request a Recipe suggested this recipe and it is wonderful. I used 2 packages of frozen Haricots Verts which were microwave with the garlic. They were slightly undercooked so that they could be warmed at my final destination. After warming again, they were sprinkled with crisp bacon. Everyone loved them. I am sure to use this recipe again.
This recipe is perfect for using fresh beans and rosemary from your garden or farmers market. I was especially appreciative of lack of any added fat, which this recipe truly does not need. The flavor combination is wonderful. Thank you Bergy for sharing your recipe. I'm sure it is one I'll return to time & again.