Recipe by dicentra
This is from Rachael Ray’s 365: No Repeats. You will need toothpicks and waxed paper.
Top Review by thorson23
Really enjoyed!!! Surprisingly rich considering it's creamless. After browning, found I had to simmer chicken covered about 20 min to ensure cooked thru but this ok because gave more time for flavours to intensify...a little salty...next time I will use sodium reduced chicken broth.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb cheese spread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound out the chicken from the center outward. Repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Place one slice of prosciutto on top of each pounded chicken breast. Place a quarter of the cheese on top of each slice. Wrap and roll the chicken over the stuffing. Secure the meat with toothpicks.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil. Season the stuffed and rolled chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and brown on all sides, cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken; add the butter to the pan, then the flour. Cook for a minute, whisk in the win, and reduce for another minute. Whisk in the stock and tarragon and return the chicken to the pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve. Remove the toothpicks. Serve the chicken whole or sliced.