Recipe blogger My Life As A Mrs.'s take on a Carrabbas entree.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Lemon Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 pinch lemon zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
For the Chicken
- 1For the Lemon Mushroom Sauce:.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes (until beginning to soften). Add the mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms have softened and begin to golden (5-10 minutes). Add the garlic and saute for another minute, until fragrant.
- 3Add butter and lemon juice and lemon zest, if using; stir well.
- 4Add chicken broth salt and pepper. Allow sauce to simmer and thicken a bit (5-10 minutes). Keep warm until ready to use. Add chopped basil to sauce just before serving.
- 5For the Chicken:.
- 6Mix together the salt, oregano, and pepper and sprinkle mixture even over both sides of the chicken breasts. Grill over medium high heat until cooking through (8-10 minutes per side).
- 7Place cooked chicken breasts on a sheet pan and add one slice of prosciutto to each chicken breast, then top with 1 ounce of fontina cheese. Broil until cheese in melted. Place chicken breasts on serving splatter and spoon the lemon mushroom sauce evenly over top of them.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto & Fontina Chicken With Lemon Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.8 mg
- Sodium 1148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: