Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Instead of tomato sauce, this pizza is slathered with caramelized, or melted onions. They should be prepared in advance since they take several hours to prepare properly. You can use Melted Onions or Tomatoes.
- pizza dough, for a 12-inch pizza
- 1⁄4 cup melted onions (recipe #333755) or 1⁄4 cup caramelized onion
- 1 jalapeno chile or 1 fresno chile pepper, sliced thin
- 4 slices prosciutto, sliced thin
- parmesan cheese or grana padano, grated
- Preheat broiler.
- Prepare your favorite pizza dough according to your recipe or package directions.
- Spread melted onions and chilies evenly over dough.
- Place pizza on a pizza stone and bake, under the broiler until edges are browned, 6 to 8 minutes; be sure to rotate pizza every two minutes for even baking.
- Remove from oven, drape with prosciutto and sprinkle with cheese; slice and serve.