Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this wonderful full flavoured chicken recipe when we have our friends over. It's a nice Mediterranean tasting dish. Sometimes I grill the chicken and serve the sauce on the side as a variation. I serve it with roasted quartered potatoes and blanched collard greens, endive or dandelion leaves depending on season.
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- In small bowl, mix together all but 2 teaspoons of the parsley, the garlic, oil, orange rind, salt and pepper; divide over chicken breast.
- Wrap each in 2 slices prosiutto; place in greased ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. remove dish from oven; transfer chicken to servin plate and keep warm. Add vinegar to pan; scraping up any brown bits from bottom with wooden spoon.
- Place over high heat. Add orange juice and sugar; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Pour over chicken; garnish with remaining parsley.