Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
"Everyone will think you spend hours preparing these clever grilled wraps, served with a guacamole-like dip. The fresh basil gives the chicken a lovely herb flavor." By Elaine Sweet. From Taste of Home. Marinating time is not included.
- 3⁄4 cup five-cheese italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white worcestershire sauce for chicken
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3 inch x 1/2 inch strips
- 12 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Fold prosciutto slices in half; top each with two basil leaves and a chicken strip. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avacados. Stir in cilantro, onions, lime juice, mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic and salt. Serve with kabobs.
I just had this at someone's house over the weekend and it was SO good. A great use for fresh basil and the chicken had such great flavor itself.