Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy winter dish that great for a comforting dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons basil, shredded
- 2 slices prosciutto, shredded
- Cook squash, garlic, tomato, and onion in a saucepan for 1-2 minutes, or until moderately tender.
- Sprinkle with oregano and cook for and additional minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, reduce heat, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Puree in blender until smooth.
- Stir in basil and proscuitto.
Great soup. Fresh basil is a delicious addition. A lot depends on the quality of the chicken broth, so I used homemade. It's also helpful to peel the tomato before dicing (dip briefly in boiling water, and the skin comes right off).