Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
from Gourmet Magazine, July 1995
Make and share this Prosciutto & Brie Sandwiches With Rosemary Fig Confit recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ciabatta rolls (about 4 inches square)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb brie cheese, cut into thin slices
Rosemary Fig Confit (use 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup dried calimyrna fig, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- Make rosemary fig confit:.
- In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan stir together ingredients and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove lid and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is evaporated and mixture is thickened. In a food processor coarsely purée fig mixture. Confit may be made 5 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Bring confit to room temperature before using. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- Make sandwiches:.
- With a serrated knife halve rolls horizontally or cut loaf diagonally into 4 pieces, halving each piece horizontally.
- Spread cut sides of bread with confit and make 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and Brie.