Karen in MA's Note:
from Gourmet Magazine, July 1995
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ciabatta rolls (about 4 inches square)
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb brie cheese, cut into thin slices
Rosemary Fig Confit (use 1/2 cup)
- 1Make rosemary fig confit:.
- 2In a 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan stir together ingredients and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove lid and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is evaporated and mixture is thickened. In a food processor coarsely purée fig mixture. Confit may be made 5 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- 3Bring confit to room temperature before using. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- 4Make sandwiches:.
- 5With a serrated knife halve rolls horizontally or cut loaf diagonally into 4 pieces, halving each piece horizontally.
- 6Spread cut sides of bread with confit and make 4 sandwiches with prosciutto and Brie.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prosciutto & Brie Sandwiches With Rosemary Fig Confit
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: